So Corey and I have really been debating getting the Ultrasound thing. Do we find out what we are having or not? We have been researching the risks to ultrasounds and just thinking about it. At first Corey was very adament about wanting to know ahead of time to plan, but the more we researched and talked about it the more we kind of want it to be a total suprise. I talked with a friend about it (she didn't find out until the baby was born) and while she was laboring she said that was one of the things that kept her excited to get the Baby OUT!! It would totally be exciting to Birth your baby and then be "what is it?"....
However, I know that my Mother-in-law has been working on a baby quilt, so by us not finding out is it inconsiderate to Grandmas who are making things for the baby of unknown gender? does it make the preparations harder?
We have a couple of weeks to decide.
Hmmm.........
7 comments:
I think whether you find out now or when you are giving birth, it is still a surprise. But, I know that I am far to impatient, personally, to wait.
I think that it might be nice to not know gender as far as the preparations go simply because, anything you buy or receive will work for any future babies as well.
So excited for you!!
I think I would wait! Even with adopting CJ we didn't find out what he was until the night before he was born. As for the preparations being harder...they are so many materials now that could be for either that I don't think it makes that big of a difference unless the definate pink or blue is what they want to make! Can't wait to find out what you decide!
I am a fan of finding out, but it is completely up to you. Don't let my mom be a factor; she will abide by your rules, I am sure. Or you could just wait and see what the baby on your baby counter turns out to be. I am sure that will work, right? (BTW, my mom already has things for a boy, and I am sure she has things for a girl. It is just a matter of when she will be able to give them to you.)
find out now! so we can start calling the baby he or she. my 2 cents.
I have tagged you on my blog...hope you have been able to make a decision about your baby, and I can't wait to read your answers!
Don't find out. I didn't on my first and it was the greatest. (Breech on the second and wide open legs on the third. Hard to miss.) Grandma's will just have to wait or make a blanket that works for either sex. This is your pregnancy so do exactly what you want.
I say find out so that we can start buying the baby gifts. :)
Post a Comment