Tuesday, April 7, 2009

4:30 am Ramblings

I woke up at 4:30 this morning and it wasn't because of my bladder. I tossed and turned trying not to disturb Corey. Finally an hour later I just rolled out of bed and decided I might as well get up. There is no point of lounging around in bed if your mind is totally on the GO. In the hopes of possibly relaxing enough to fall back to sleep, I put on the movie "Persuasion". Although I have watched it about 5 times in the last month, It is still one of my favorites.

If you have ever seen the cover picture of this movie it looks like it would be a bit promiscuous. One of my friends, who had borrowed it, was carrying it around for a couple of weeks in hopes of returning it to me. She had many people ask her what movie it was and instead of saying a Jane Austin movie, she left it pretty vague and just said the movie was mine. Leaving to the imagination of all those friends that I watch "certain types of movies"...... Gotta love it.

Last night we were watching the March Madness final game. It was a bit of a disappointing tournament for the Bjarnsons. By the end of the final four round our brackets were completely determined. It doesn't add to the excitement of the final game when you know who has already won the bracket pool. Anyway.....they were showing a flashback from an old win where the team was cutting down the hoop. In all my sports ingnorance, I asked Corey if they always cut down the hoop when they win the tournament, to which he replied that they cut it down and the whole team gets a piece of it. I thought about that and wondered what would you do with a small piece of Hoop? It is not llike it is a medal or trophy to display. It would look like a piece of junk just sitting on a shelf. Do people have it framed or put it in a jar? Then I thought it is pretty comparable to me receiving a piece of thread (not a spool of thread) for winning a quilting or sewing contest. I thought that was pretty silly to say the least and was laughing about it. Corey just rolled his eyes and decided that I wasn't as far along as he had thought in my appreciation and knowledge of sports. What can I say.....Silly traditions call for additional silly thoughts and exagerations.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too right on the piece of hoop thing. I totally detest basketball now because they about worship it down here. I can't stand it and so I finally figured out the hoop thing as well and just filed that away with the rest of the stupid basketball stuff.

Unknown said...

Last night I ate about 1/2 a bag of chocolate chips. Between the sugar and the caffeine, I was bright eyed and bushy tailed at 5 this morning. I stayed in bed until 6, which was totally useless. I should have just gotten up and watched a movie, too :)